We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Pending home sales grew to 110.0 in September 2016.
- This is 2.4 percent higher than September 2015.
- It also indicates a 1.5 percent growth from August 2016.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.47 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending October 27, 2016.
- This is down 5 basis points from 3.52 percent last week.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.76 percent.
What service means after the sale
The deal is done — but that’s only the beginning. Stay on your clients’ contact list with these post-sale best practices. READ MORE
- The National Average Contract Mortgage Rate for the Purchase of Previously Occupied Homes by Combined Lenders Index was 3.61 percent for loans closed in late September, up 3 basis points from 3.58 percent in August.
- The average interest rate on all mortgage loans was 3.60 percent, up 1 basis point from 3.59 in August.
- The average loan amount for all loans was $302,900 in September, down $19,800 from $322,700 in August.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Mortgage applications decreased 4.1 percent from one week earlier for the week ending October 21, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 62.7 percent of total applications from 61.5 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances decreased to 3.71 percent from 3.73 percent.
- The national MiMi stands at 85.7.
- This is a 1.05 percent improvement from July to August.
- Year over year, the national MiMi improved 5.44 percent.
- Sales of new single-family houses in September 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 593,000.
- This is 3.1 percent above the revised August rate of 575,000 and 29.8 percent above the September 2015 estimate.
- The median sales price of new houses sold in September 2016 was $313,500; the average sales price was $377,700.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.