We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Non-distressed properties sold during October had an average price of $297,300, based on a three-month moving average.
- This is an 1.8 percent decline from the previous month and a 4.1 percent decline from the average price of $310,000 in August.
- Prices in October were up by 3.4 percent year-over-year.
- Total existing-home sales were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.60 million in October.
- This is a 2.0 percent month-over-month increase from the upwardly revised rate of 5.49 million in September.
- A year ago in October, the sales pace was 5.29 million.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Potential existing-home sales increased to a 5.9 million seasonally adjusted, annualized rate (SAAR).
- This represents a 97.4 percent increase from the market potential low point reached in December 2008.
- In October, the market potential for existing-home sales grew by 6.7 percent compared with a year ago, an increase of 376,000 (SAAR) sales.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.