We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The unemployment rate declined to 4.6 percent in November.
- Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 178,000.
- Employment gains occurred in professional and business services and in health care.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.08 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending December 1, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 4.03 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.93 percent.
Hold the chicken manure
Owning the end-to-end customer experience READ MORE
- Construction spending during October 2016 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,172.6 billion.
- This is 0.5 percent above the revised September estimate of $1,166.5 billion.
- The October figure is 3.4 percent above the October 2015 estimate of $1,134.4 billion.
- More than 1.9 million (1,919,180) loans were originated on U.S. residential properties (1 to 4 units) in the third quarter of 2016.
- This is down 2 percent from the previous quarter and up less than 1 percent from a year ago.
- The report also shows total dollar volume of loan originations increased 8 percent from a year ago to more than $502 billion thanks to higher average loan amounts.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.