• Kodakit is designed to be a one-stop shop for photography.

Some homesellers want to list lickety-split.

Kodakit, an on-demand photography platform operated by Kodak, can help agents rise to the occasion.

In markets where Kodakit has gone live, real estate agents can request a photo shoot at a specific time and receive a response within six minutes from a photographer who can do the job, according to Kodakit CEO Eric Mahe.

The service is designed to be a one-stop shop for photography. It handles scheduling, payment and content delivery.

“The only thing you have to do is tell us when, where and what time, and we take care of everything else,” Mahe said.

Kodakit’s network of more than 3,000 photographers covers 37 countries and 92 cities, including 18 in the Unities States. It’s partnered with Airbnb, HomeAway and Houzz, among other large brands.

It might seem risky to hire the first photographer to raise her hand, but Kodakit says all its vendors are up to the task. They must undergo rigorous vetting, including a review of past work — and sometimes even a test shoot — to join Kodakit’s network, Mahe said.

Pricing varies by market, property, job type and photographer experience. But a photo shoot for a typical New York City home would probably cost a minimum of $150, according to Mahe.

In addition to listing photos, some Kodakit vendors can capture 3-D home tours and videos, including drone footage. Kodakit vendors always transfer the copyright of content to customers, heading off possible disputes over use rights.

Most on-demand photography services are usually just “connecting platforms,” Mahe said.

But Kodakit handles the whole kit and kaboodle. Customers can schedule shoots, send payment and receive content through the platform, streamlining the process from beginning to end.

HouseLens, a real estate marketing services provider, recently launched an end-to-end photography platform that looks a lot Kodakit. But unlike Kodakit, it focuses exclusively on real estate.

Kodakit takes a 20 percent cut of fees paid through the platform, with photographers pocketing the remaining 80 percent.

Email Teke Wiggin.

Show Comments Hide Comments


Sign up for Inman’s Morning Headlines
What you need to know to start your day with all the latest industry developments
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive marketing emails from Inman.
Thank you for subscribing to Morning Headlines.
Back to top
Log in
If you created your account with Google or Facebook
Don't have an account?
Forgot your password?
No Problem

Simply enter the email address you used to create your account and click "Reset Password". You will receive additional instructions via email.

Forgot your username? If so please contact customer support at (510) 658-9252

Password Reset Confirmation

Password Reset Instructions have been sent to

Subscribe to The Weekender
Get the week's leading headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Top headlines from around the real estate industry. Breaking news as it happens.
15 stories covering tech, special reports, video and opinion.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
It looks like you’re already a Select Member!
To subscribe to exclusive newsletters, visit your email preferences in the account settings.
Up-to-the-minute news and interviews in your inbox, ticket discounts for Inman events and more
1-Step CheckoutPay with a credit card
By continuing, you agree to Inman’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

You will be charged . Your subscription will automatically renew for on . For more details on our payment terms and how to cancel, click here.

Interested in a group subscription?
Finish setting up your subscription