- Take advantage of all the platform's updates, make sure to use different content types, and keep it social.
Instagram has been dominating 2017.
The platform updates regularly, it recently hit over 700 million monthly users, and over 250 million users are using the stories feature daily.
Engagement on the platform is what fuels growth. In this article, we’ll go through six tips that all agents can use to turbocharge their marketing efforts.
1. Make your account a business page
Here are the directions straight from Facebook (owners of Instagram):
- Go to your profile, and tap the wheel icon.
- Tap “Switch to Business Profile.”
- Tap “Switch to Business Profile,” and select the page you’d like to associate with your business profile on Instagram with. Make sure you set your profile to public. Private accounts can’t switch to business accounts.
- On the “Set Up Your Business Profile” page, review your business’s contact information, make any changes, and tap “Done.”
2. Tag your locations in your stories
You can crank up your exposure by simply adding a location tag to your Instagram stories. Adding locations to your stories can add hundreds of views to your stories.
3. Use comments to engage users
If someone comments on your photo, make sure to respond and keep the conversation going with the person. Also, take advantage of commenting on other people’s content in and outside of your network. Social media means being social — remember that.
4. Don’t get lazy with captions
Captions are an opportunity to give additional context to your content.
Instead of, “Happy Friday!” — take this opportunity to let people know how your week was or what you’ll be up to this weekend, such as hosting an open house.
5. Use different content types
Instagram isn’t only for photos. Make sure to take advantage of all the power Instagram gives you.
Use a combination of videos, layout and boomerang style photos. If those sound foreign, they are separate apps by Instagram that allow you to create different styles of content.
6. Go live
Going live on Instagram is perfect for the real estate industry. Whenever you walk through a new listing, go live, and talk about each room. What you like, great features and things that make the listing unique.