Compensation models are one of the most confusing aspects of figuring out the right place to hang your license. Whether you’re new to the industry or thinking about making a change, we’ve got you covered.
To make it easier to compare and contrast models and find the right brokerage for you, we’ve laid it all out, thanks to SparkTank Media founder and CEO Jeff Lobb’s Inman Connect Las Vegas presentation.
Below is a chart of what the national players offer agents in terms of compensation and benefits. This is by no means a comprehensive list.
Note that these numbers will likely vary a bit depending on the model in every state, region and office.
Tune in to the video below for the full context about compensation models including a few regional and 100 percent examples.
At a glance: The national brokerages’ general compensation models
Editor’s note: The content here has been either provided by the company or gathered from public-facing websites or several actual brokerages. All commissions will vary based on location and are negotiable.
13 important questions to ask during the interview
- Do splits change during the year, and is there a cap?
- What other fees are there monthly or annually?
- Are there any fees per transaction?
- Are there any franchise or royalty fees off the top of gross commissions?
- What’s included in this brokerage, and what’s not?
- How does my E&O (errors and omissions insurance) get paid?
- How does my licensing get paid?
- Do I get a website?
- What about a CRM (customer relationship management platform)?
- Who pays for what advertising? Online or offline?
- What about signage?
- Is there any lead generation provided, and how does it work?
- What about training and support?
For the full context, tune in to the full conversation from the Inman Connect Las Vegas stage above.