Latino homebuyers image via Shutterstock.
A trade group focused on supporting Hispanic homeownership released its second annual list of top-producing Latino residential real estate agents in the U.S. today.
The San Diego-based National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP), which has more than 20,000 members in 48 states, hired a third-party firm to determine the top 250 Latino agents with the highest number of closed transactions in 2012 according to multiple listing service data.
The analysis considered more than 27,000 agents in markets with a high concentration of Hispanics. About 200 self-nominated agents whose records were verified with their brokers were also considered. The analysis confirmed ethnic background through a combination of independent research and self-identification.
2012 transactions for those on the list range from 32 to 538 for the top agent. The top 10 agents closed a total of 3,563 deals last year, or an average of 356 each. That’s down 19 percent from last year when the top 10 agents completed 4,400 transactions.
“Latino agents now dominate several local markets, and we expect their role to become increasingly significant as Latinos begin to dominate the first-time homebuyer segment in the coming years,” said Juan Martinez, NAHREP president, in a statement.
“It is an honor to recognize these agents that are helping us advance our mission all over the United States.”
The 10 top-producing Latino real estate agents in the U.S. are:
- Leo Pareja, Keller Williams Realty, Reston, Va. (538);
- Rafael Dagnesses, Quantam Realtors, Simi Valley, Calif. (420);
- Marty Rodriguez, Century 21 Marty Rodriguez, Glendora, Calif. (409);
- Johnny Rojas, Century 21 JR Gold Team Realty, Garfield, N.J. (365);
- Art Acosta, ERA Regency REALTORS, Chino, Calif. (362);
- Daisy Lopez-Cid, RE/MAX Premier Properties, Kissimmee, Fla. (329);
- Marshall Carrasco, Marshall Realty, Reno, Nev. (319);
- Noah Herrera, Platinum Real Estate Professionals, Henderson, Nev. (287);
- Christopher Tello, Keller Williams Realty Partners SW, Pembroke Pines, Fla. (280);
- Christian Fuentes, RE/MAX Top Producers, Diamond Bar, Calif. (254).
Real estate franchise giant Re/Max noted in a separate announcement that 33 of the top 250 Latino agents were affiliated with Re/Max — more than any other brand. Those agents closed 2,874 transactions, the most of any participating brand, the franchisor said.
“The performance of these many professionals demonstrates that the Re/Max brand has wide appeal in diverse communities across the country,” said Margaret Kelly, Re/Max CEO, in a statement.
NAHREP plans to recognize the top 250 Latino agents during the NAHREP 2013 National Convention and Latin Music Festival in Los Angeles Sept. 29-Oct. 1.