It’s a scenario familiar to many real estate agents: A buyer client tours a home that they really like and then tells their agent they’d like to take the evening to decide whether to make an offer.
But the agent knows the home could go under contract at any moment. How do they convey the urgency of the situation to their client?
Some may invoke a time-honored adage: “If you sleep on it, you will not sleep in it.”
That’s just one of many epigrams real estate agents can break out in times of need. Sourced from Inman’s social following and the real estate Facebook group Lead Gen Scripts and Objections, here are a selection one-liners that real estate pros can use to impress or motivate clients.
1. “Put dollars in one hand and the days left in your life in the other and you decide which is more important.” (Delivered by a listing agent to a seller, contributed by Tom Tezak)
2. “If your business depends on distressed property deals you have a business in distress.” (Contributed by Pete LaBriola)
3. “Getting a Buyer’s agent to represent you, will be the best money you never spent!” (Contributed by Aaron Smith)
4. “This may not be the offer you want; but its the offer you’ve got!” (Contributed by Aaron Smith)
5. “I work for free until the closing.” (Contributed by Ralph Magin)
6. “I work for my clients, not my commission.” (Contributed by Johanna Devon)
7. “The market is rejecting your price.” (Contributed by Maureen McDermut)