Enjoy the Connect experience from your computer, laptop or tablet! Watch Connect now.
Not a Select member? Join Inman Select today and save 25 percent on an Annual membership, plus get instant access to a live stream of Connect. Use promo code: icsf15 at checkout. SIGN UP NOW.
- The Lower East Side and East Village are the up-and-coming neighborhoods in Manhattan.
- Sometimes you have to throw your conventional methods out the window to close a deal.
We invited the Twittersphere to tweet questions to Ryan Serhant using #AskRyanSerhant and this is what emerged — with Ryan’s advice added.
1. @MJSmith67: Of all of the areas of Manhattan, which will have the next surge in price (per) square foot, or where is the next hot spot?
Lower East Side and East Village. The amount of new development coming to these neighborhoods is staggering. My team alone has five new development projects in the LES/EV that are going to change the face of those neighborhoods.
2. @FedHomeLoan: What is the oddest thing you have ever done to get a client to close a deal with you?
I had a client who really likes to party — and I can’t emphasize enough — he really likes to party. I wake up at 4:30 a.m. every day, so I can’t go out at night like he does.
We were negotiating a very big deal, and he said he would sign the contract only if I came to Marquee at 2 a.m. It was a real test of willpower for me, but I went, got the signed contract, did some shots, and went home to bed with a smile on my face.
3. @VAHomeLoanCtrs: How many veteran clients or military family clients have you had during your career? Any stories you remember?
I haven’t had any, unfortunately. I wish I could work with vets and military families, as they have risked their lives for us. I support the troops 100 percent and would do anything possible to help.
Do you have a question for Ryan? Simply tweet at him using #askRyanSerhant.