1. You can work your own hours.
If you don’t want to get up in the morning and go to the office, you don’t have to.
2. You get to party with other agents.
Because you are dealing with insane personalities and massive amounts of money, you will find that a lot of your peers like to unwind as much as you do.
3. You have the ultimate excuse to get out of anything at anytime.
Your aunt wants to get brunch with you? Nope, you have inspections all weekend.
4. You can write off a bunch of stuff for taxes.
We’re still not completely sure how to do this — but you can expense Pei Wei and say it was a client meeting.
5. You learn to deal with dynamic personalities.
Other places of work will seem boring to you after you work in a real estate office. Your coworkers are complete lunatics, and it’s awesome.
6. You get to attend real estate conferences.
These things are fun — especially Inman Connect. You get to take off work for a few days and network (drink) with other agents.
7. You can make money without selling homes
Here’s a hint: If you want to make money in real estate, you should sell stuff. Every agent is looking for that new trick or technology that will help their business. Find something you can contribute, and you can make a name for yourself without actually selling anything.
Also, you can get rich. But, you already knew that.