AgentBrokerage

How one brokerage generates 80% of its leads using content marketing

The website and blog is key for Buyers Brokers Only
  • The Buyers Brokers Only website receives 8,000 to 10,000 visitors every month, which is where the brokerage generates 80 percent of its agent leads.
  • Content has to be useful, not an unwelcome interruption.
  • The fact that the company works with buyers only, many of them purchasing their first home, makes its services easy to market.
  • The company website is chock-full of guides for buyers wanting to learn more about the housing market, and nearly every page on the site has a call to action.

Learn the New Luxury Playbook at Luxury Connect | October 18-19 at the Beverly Hills Hotel

“We do not advertise on Zillow, Trulia or Homes.com," said Rich Rosa, co-founder of Buyers Brokers Only, a Boston-based buyer's agent firm. "I don't think we have done any pay-per-click advertising in 2015, and we have done very little over the last few years." Despite declining to participate in one of the industry's biggest lead generators, Buyers Brokers Only isn't hurting for business. The company website receives 8,000 to 10,000 visitors every month, which is where the brokerage generates 80 percent of its agent leads. Rosa likes to write, blog or add something to the site every day. The other 20 percent of leads come from Yelp and Angie's List, two third-party websites where the company does advertise. “Angie’s List and Yelp tend to provide very good leads for us," said Rosa. He said that his clients, many of them millennials, like to see reviews before they make a decision. No PPC -- really? “It’s a business marketing decision,” Rosa said. “There’s not...