We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases were down 5 percent month-over-month in December 2015.
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, new home mortgage applications were down by 8 percent month-over-month.
- New home mortgage applications were up 17 percent year-over-year, however.
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
Low-cost, high-impact marketing with video
How one broker showcases her culture and retains top talent READ MORE
- In December 2015, housing sales increased 8.2 percent year-over-year.
- This was the largest year-over-year increase since June 2015.
- The West was the strongest region, with a 10.3 increase.
- December 2015 home sales were up 6.1 percent year-over-year.
- The median sales price was up 5.3 percent year-over-year.
- Average days on market was 67 days.
- Home prices were “largely flat in November,” FNC reported.
- Month-over-month, home prices registered a 0.0 percent change between October and November 2015.
- Year-over-year, home prices rose 6.0 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.