We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Spending on private construction was at a seasonally adjusted rate of $831.4 billion.
- This is 0.5 percent above the revised December estimate of $827.3 billion.
- Residential construction was $433.2 billion in January, the same month-over-month as December.
- Home prices rose 1.3 percent month-over-month.
- Home prices rose 6.9 percent year-over-year.
- This is the 47th month of consecutive year-over-year increase, but the returns are no longer double-digit.
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
The five superpowers of uber-successful real estate agents
Tom Ferry shares 5 skills to dominate your marketplace READ MORE
- The PHSI declined 2.5 percent to 106.0 in January.
- This is 1.4 percent above January 2015 (104.5).
- The index has increased year-over-year for 17 consecutive months, but January’s gain was the second-smallest.
- The home price index in the U.S. was $253,000.
- This is down 0.1 percent month-over-month.
- However, the index is up 5.5 percent year-over-year.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.