We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The HPSI rose 1.2 percentage points in February to 82.7.
- The share of respondents who say it is a good time to buy rose 4 percent to 35 percent.
- The share of respondents who say it is a good time to sell fell 2 percent to 7 percent.
- The index is 62.8, the same as the final reading in February.
- This indicates that consumer attitudes and anxiety about money is unchanged month-over-month.
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
Ready player one: how the new hybrid virtual brokerage can help you compete
Brick and mortar brokerages can add virtual capabilities with a hybrid business model READ MORE
- Rates for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages averaged 3.64 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending March 3, 2016.
- This is up from last week, when the average was 3.62 percent.
- It’s down from a year ago, when the average was 3.75 percent.
- The MCAI was unchanged month-over-month at 123.8 in February.
- Of the four component indices, the Conforming MCAI saw the greatest loosening (up 1.0 percent) over the month.
- The Government MCAI was up 0.6 percent).
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.