We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Total existing-home sales dropped 7.1 percent month-over-month on a seasonally adjusted basis from January to February.
- Sales increased 2.2 percent year-over-year, however,
- The median existing-home price for all housing types in February was 210,800, up 4.4 percent year-over-year.
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
- Home sales rose 4.8 percent year-over-year.
- The median sales price rose 5.9 percent year-over-year.
- We currently have 4.0 months supply of inventory.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.73 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending March 17, 2016.
- This is up from 3.68 percent last year.
- A year ago, the 30-year fixed rate mortgage averaged 3.78 percent.
- The home price index is up 6.9 percent year-over-year.
- Home equity is up $6 trillion since the Great Recession.
- Completed foreclosures are down 16.2 percent year-over-year.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.