Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
Home equity rates:
Thursday, May 5:
- Mortgage applications decreased 3.4 percent from one week earlier.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 52.9 percent of total applications from 54.4 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances increased to 3.87 percent from 3.85 percent.
Wednesday, May 4:
- Mortgage applications decreased 4.1 percent week-over-week for the week ending April 22, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 54.4 percent of total applications from 55.4 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) increased to 3.85 percent from 3.83 percent, with points increasing to 0.35 from 0.32 (including the origination fee) for 80 percent loan-to-value ratio (LTV) loans.
Tuesday, May 3:
Millennial homebuyers are coming: they’re just five years behind
What to know about — and how to cater to — the shifting priorities of this emerging affluent demographic READ MORE
- Home prices increased 6.7 percent year-over-year in March 2016.
- Month over month, prices increased 2.1 percent
- CoreLogic forecasts that prices will increase 5.3 percent year-over-year in March 2017.
Monday, May 2:
- Construction spending during March 2016 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,137.5 billion.
- This is 0.3 percent above the revised February estimate of $1,133.6 billion.
- The March figure is 8.0 percent above the March 2015 estimate of $1,052.9 billion.
- Mortgage delinquencies fell by 8 percent in March, with the national rate hitting 4.08 percent.
- Prepayment speeds jumped 46 percent from February, hitting their highest point since June 2015.
- Total non-current inventory (loans 30 or more days past due or in foreclosure) has fallen over half a million loans from last year and is now below 2.7 million.
- Existing home sales will fall between seasonally adjusted rates of 5.3 and 5.7 million.
- This would be a 3.6 increase from March.
- It would also indicate a 7.4 percent year-over-year gain.
Email market news to firstname.lastname@example.org.