We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The median existing single-family home price increased in 87 percent of measured markets, 154 out of 178 metropolitan statistical areas.
- 24 areas (13 percent) recorded lower median prices than one year before.
- There were more rising markets in Q1 2016 than in Q4 2015, when 81 percent of measured markets saw price gains.
- The HPSI increased 3.5 points to 83.7 in April.
- The net share of consumers who think now is a good time to sell a home rose 16 percentage points.
- However, the “good time to buy” component dipped to an all-time survey low, creating the narrowest gap on record between these two measures.
- The May preliminary Money Anxiety Index is at 64.0.
- This indicates no change over April.
- In the first quarter of this year, the index increased 1.2 points
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
- The 2015 index declined 1.8 percent year-over-year.
- The index is down 7.6 percent from the peak in 2005.
- Currently, the index is 0.4 percent above the 25-year low point that was set in 1995.
What’s your 2019 digital business plan?
It’s the year of YOU: Take control of your brand READ MORE
- The MCAI decreased 0.89 percent to 122.4 in April 2016.
- This indicates that credit standards are tightening.
Email market reports to email@example.com.