We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The Market Composite Index increased 0.4 percent week-over-week on a seasonally adjusted basis.
- On an unadjusted basis, the index increased 1 percent week-over-week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages decreased to its lowest level since April 2016, 3.82 percent, from 3.87 percent.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Appraised values were, on average, 1.95 percent less than what homeowners estimated in April.
- In March, appraiser opinions were 2.17 percent lower than homeowner expectations.
- Home values decreased 0.66 percent from March to April but increased 3.79 percent year-over-year in April.
Ready player one: how the new hybrid virtual brokerage can help you compete
Brick and mortar brokerages can add virtual capabilities with a hybrid business model READ MORE
- Foreclosure inventory declined by 23.2 percent year-over-year in March 2016.
- Completed foreclosures declined by 14.9 percent year-over-year.
- The number of completed foreclosures nationwide decreased year over year from 42,000 in March 2015 to 36,000 in March 2016.
Email market reports to email@example.com.