We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.54 percent with an average 0.5 point.
- This is down from 3.60 percent last week.
- One year ago, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 4.00 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Home prices rose 1.1 percent in April month-over-month.
- They were up 5.6 percent year-over-year.
- Foreclosed and REO properties comprised 9.8 percent of existing home sales, down from 11.6 percent in March 2016 and 11.5 percent in April 2015.
- Mortgage applications decreased 2.4 percent from one week earlier.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 55.3 percent of total applications from 53.8 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) decreased to 3.79 percent from 3.83 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.