We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.54 percent with an average 0.5 point.
- This is down from 3.60 percent last week.
- One year ago, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 4.00 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Home prices rose 1.1 percent in April month-over-month.
- They were up 5.6 percent year-over-year.
- Foreclosed and REO properties comprised 9.8 percent of existing home sales, down from 11.6 percent in March 2016 and 11.5 percent in April 2015.
One platform. One device. Limitless growth.
How Homesnap Pro puts all the tools you need in one app right on your smartphone. READ MORE
- Mortgage applications decreased 2.4 percent from one week earlier.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 55.3 percent of total applications from 53.8 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) decreased to 3.79 percent from 3.83 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.