We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- 148 out of the 178 metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) measured — a total of 83 percent — experienced median home price growth year-over-year, down slightly from the 87 percent of markets that had increases in the first quarter.
- 25 MSAs had double-digit year-over-year median home price gains, a small decrease from the first quarter’s 28 metro areas.
- Until this quarter, the peak existing single-family home price was $229,400, recorded in Q2 of last year. However, Q2 2016 surpassed that number by 4.9 percent, registering a median single-family home price of $240,700.
- Mortgage applications increased 7.1 percent from one week earlier.
- The Refinance Index increased 10 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted Purchase Index increased 3 percent week-over-week.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
Empowering agents with technology – Why the CBx Technology Suite works
At Coldwell Banker, technology is shaped by agents, supporting them at every step of their journey READ MORE
- Appraised values were an average of 1.69 percent less than what homeowners estimated in July.
- In June, appraiser opinions were 1.93 percent lower than homeowner expectations.
- Home values rose 1.43 percent from June to July and 6.24 percent from July 2015 to July 2016.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.