We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases increased 2.4 percent year-over-year.
- Applications decreased by 8 percent month-over-month.
- The average loan size of new homes decreased from $326,175 in June to $325,843 in July.
- The delinquency rate for mortgage loans on one-to-four-unit residential properties decreased to 4.66 percent of all loans at the end of Q2 2016.
- The percentage of loans on which foreclosure actions were started during the second quarter was 0.32 percent, a decrease of three basis points from the previous quarter, and down eight basis points from one year ago.
- This foreclosure starts rate was at its lowest level since the second quarter of 2000.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.45 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending August 11, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 3.43 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.94 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
What service means after the sale
The deal is done — but that’s only the beginning. Stay on your clients’ contact list with these post-sale best practices. READ MORE
- 148 out of the 178 metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) measured — a total of 83 percent — experienced median home price growth year-over-year, down slightly from the 87 percent of markets that had increases in the first quarter.
- 25 MSAs had double-digit year-over-year median home price gains, a small decrease from the first quarter’s 28 metro areas.
- Until this quarter, the peak existing single-family home price was $229,400, recorded in Q2 of last year. However, Q2 2016 surpassed that number by 4.9 percent, registering a median single-family home price of $240,700.
- Mortgage applications increased 7.1 percent from one week earlier.
- The Refinance Index increased 10 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted Purchase Index increased 3 percent week-over-week.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.