We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases increased 2.4 percent year-over-year.
- Applications decreased by 8 percent month-over-month.
- The average loan size of new homes decreased from $326,175 in June to $325,843 in July.
- The delinquency rate for mortgage loans on one-to-four-unit residential properties decreased to 4.66 percent of all loans at the end of Q2 2016.
- The percentage of loans on which foreclosure actions were started during the second quarter was 0.32 percent, a decrease of three basis points from the previous quarter, and down eight basis points from one year ago.
- This foreclosure starts rate was at its lowest level since the second quarter of 2000.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.45 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending August 11, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 3.43 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.94 percent.
Luxury Agent Spotlight: Tere Foster
This veteran top performer shares her secret to gratitude, attitude and keeping a competitive edge READ MORE
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.