We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 4.1 percent from one week earlier for the week ending October 21, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 62.7 percent of total applications from 61.5 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances decreased to 3.71 percent from 3.73 percent.
- The national MiMi stands at 85.7.
- This is a 1.05 percent improvement from July to August.
- Year over year, the national MiMi improved 5.44 percent.
- Sales of new single-family houses in September 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 593,000.
- This is 3.1 percent above the revised August rate of 575,000 and 29.8 percent above the September 2015 estimate.
- The median sales price of new houses sold in September 2016 was $313,500; the average sales price was $377,700.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
Luxury Agent Spotlight: Adrian Burke
Learn how this global real estate advisor serves his international clientele READ MORE
- Home prices rose 5.3 percent year-over-year in August 2016.
- This is up from the 5.0 percent year-over-year gain from July 2016.
- Before seasonal adjustment, the national index was up 0.5 percent month-over-month.
- The total U.S. loan delinquency rate (30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure) was 4.27 percent, up 0.74 percent from August 2016 but down 12.24 percent from September 2015.
- The total U.S. foreclosure pre-sale inventory rate was 1.00 percent, down 3.38 percent from August 2016 and down 31.23 percent from September 2015.
- Total U.S. foreclosure starts numbered 61,700, down 10.32 percent from August 2016 and 22.78 percent from September 2015.
- House prices rose 0.7 percent (seasonally adjusted) month-over-month in August 2016.
- July’s previously reported increase (0.5 percent) remained unchanged.
- From August 2015 to August 2016, house prices were up 6.4 percent.
- Real house prices increased 0.8 percent between July 2016 and August 2016.
- Real house prices decreased 2.6 percent between August 2015 and August 2016.
- Real house prices are 41 percent below the housing-boom peak in July 2006.
Email market reports to email@example.com.