- Dream-killing by others is usually a subversive and low-level act. Rather than celebrating your goal or victory, the offender will point out future or potential obstacles or negatives.
- You can be the dream-killer of your own dreams by not submitting yourself to doing what you don't want to do when you don't want to do it. Success requires action -- even when you don't feel like it!
- Be OK with working like you've never worked before. The more leads you generate, the less dream-killing toxic clients you'll have to work with. Get and keep your momentum going so you get to decide who to spend your time on.
We conclude our series today on how to tame those toxic people in your business.
Our final three points are designed to challenge your thinking and put you in the driver’s seat instead of playing the victim.
8. Remember that you’re in good company
9. Challenge yourself to make it a game of being one step ahead until you get to the closing table
Remember the money you’re making to deal with the situation. Chances are you’re still making good money per hour, so put on your grown-up pants, and get to work!
10. Know that 9 out of 10 times, toxic people don’t mean it
Real estate is far more stressful to the average Joes or Josephines than it is to you. It’s the biggest, most serious transaction they’ve ever done.
Be there for your clients even if they’re driving you crazy. Have some compassion.
So, what’s the biggest secret to dealing with toxic people? It’s so fundamental, you probably haven’t even considered it, but here is it: Increase your skill set to protect your mindset.
When you skills are strong, as in prequalifying and rooting out these problem people from the start, it’s like putting up a protective shield.
Your family, you bank account, your heart and soul will thank you. Take control, so you don’t lose control.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.