The real estate giant, which houses a large portfolio of well-known real estate brands including Coldwell Banker, Century 21 and Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, shares this honor with Realogy Franchise Group, NRT, Cartus and Title Resource Group. CBRE Group, JLL, and Taiwan-based Sinyi Realty were also honored in the real estate category.
“Global corporations operating with a common rule of law are now society’s strongest force to improve the human condition,” said Ethisphere CEO Timothy Erblich in a statement. “This year we saw companies increasingly finding their voice. The World’s Most Ethical Companies in particular continued to show exemplary leadership.
“I congratulate everyone at Realogy for being recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies,” Erblich added.
Each of the 135 honorees was graded on Ethisphere’s Ethics Quotient, comprised of five categories:
- Ethics and compliance program (35 percent)
- Corporate citizenship and responsibility (20 percent)
- Culture of ethics (20 percent)
- Governance (15 percent)
- Leadership, innovation and reputation (10 percent)
“We are excited to be recognized again as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies,” said Realogy CEO and president Ryan Schneider in a press release. “This recognition honors our company’s long-standing commitment to ethics. Even more importantly, it acknowledges our team’s daily efforts to lead with integrity and excellence, focused on innovation, best-in-class agent services and treating our partners, stakeholders, and each other with transparency and respect.”
Realogy’s award-winning code of ethics, which is available online, covers seven areas:
- Our responsibilities to each other: Maintaining a diverse, respectful, fair and productive work environment.
- Protecting information: Protecting and securing information that belongs to employees, clients and Realogy.
- Integrity in our marketplace: Defining our commitment to competing fairly, honestly and lawfully in the marketplace.
- Conflicts of interest, gifts and entertainment: Identifying types of conflicts of interest and appropriate gifts and entertainment.
- Realogy’s interests, property and resources: Protecting Realogy’s interests, both physical and intangible assets.
- Investments and external activities: Proper handling of insider information, political activities and external requests for company information.
- Good corporate citizenship: Respecting the environment in which we live and work, truthfulness in our company records, reporting any concerns.
“What makes Realogy really special is our employees’ passion for living our core values, especially integrity,” said Realogy chief ethics and compliance officer Liz Gehringer of the award. “Our people commit themselves to excellence in their day-to-day work and extend themselves as leaders in the communities they serve and the real estate industry as a whole.”
“They are problem-solvers, innovators, volunteers and good neighbors, and we are proud to accept this recognition on their behalf.”
Realogy’s business units include:
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
- Century 21
- Coldwell Banker
- Coldwell Banker Commercial
- The Corcoran Group
- Sotheby’s International Realty
- NRT LLC
- Title Resource Group
- ZapLabs, Realogy’s technology development subsidiary