- It's normal for you, your market, your prospects and clients to be exhausted and frustrated this time of year.
- It's normal for it to take more communication, more lead follow-up and more appointments than usual to make things happen.
- Uncertainty in the market and the world (the election) generally causes people to take less action and take longer to make decisions.
It’s the fourth quarter, and you can almost see the finish line.
If only everyone else would cooperate, right? Everything — including the changing seasons, the election and the burned-out end-of-year feeling — is going to try to put a stop to your momentum!
We’re hearing it from real estate agents across the country; they’re feeling that every client or prospect is against them.
Stop thinking it’s all in your head. It’s not. It’s real — and thankfully, it’s normal.
We have 10 powerful points on how to help manage the expectations of your prospects, your clients, other agents — and even you!
1. Accept that delays are normal
Anticipate them, and the stress melts away.
2. Embrace what’s going well in your business
Celebrate your successes as much as you worry.
3. Under-promise and over-deliver
Do this, and you’ll always come out on top.
4. Know your market stats cold
If your next listing’s comps show an average days on the market of 120, let your sellers know that’s what to expect, so they’re not ready to fire you on day 14.
5. If your buyers or sellers are in a contract where buyers paid full price or over, expect that they’ll negotiate harder on home inspection items
In addition to all these things you can expect, remember that we are also experiencing the emotional ramifications of a changing market on top of that.
You can’t afford to be selling on the idea of appreciation in this market. If you are, stop right now, before your market stats prove otherwise and you have an angry client.
Listen to today’s podcast to hear all five tactical ways you can push through and have a great end to 2016.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.