- Writing down your marketing plan is an absolute must because it keeps you accountable.
- Make sure you have done all the appropriate research, and use it.
- Identify what's working so that you can eliminate what isn't.
I have talked enough. Now it’s time for you to start writing! Recording your marketing plan on paper is an absolute must.
Begin with everything that we’ve talked about in previous posts: your marketing plan, budget, focus group information and research on your farm area and subdivision.
Keep these in files, and make sure that you are always going through those files, evaluating them and poring over them. You spent so much time on the research, so don’t let it go to waste.
Why write your marketing plan down?
- You identify best practices: Refer back to the video on the pyramid.
- You eliminate what is not working — the money suckers.
- It keeps you on schedule. Believe me when I tell you that writing this down will give you more free time and freedom than just randomly guessing on marketing.
- Writing it down keeps you on budget. Refer back to the budget video.
- Putting it on paper keeps you accountable. Being accountable is the one thing I hear about the most. I have heard the word “accountable” in every real estate training I have attended.
Creating a plan is just that — creating. Committing it to paper helps you keep up with the old ways and develop new innovative ideas. It allows you to stand out as a real estate professional.
Believe me, writing down your marketing plan will improve your bottom line.