- Becoming top-of-mind is about consistent branding.
- Consider every aspect of your marketing materials including font, paper, logo and presentation.
- Branding isn't about what you want your brand to be, it's about what your clients need.
The phrase “top-of-mind” is something you are going to hear over and over again in real estate. Everyone tells you that that you need to be top-of-mind. However, no one tells you how to do that.
This video is crucial. There is some specific information that you as a real estate agent need to understand when you are branding yourself and climbing your way to being top-of-mind with your real estate marketing.
I am going to put a little twist on this. I believe that we are doing it all wrong. Being top-of-mind is not just a picture of you. How can I see more of you?
It’s going to take more than a photo to get you to top-of-mind status. You are your brand, and your logo is part of your brand as well.
Here’s what you need to think about, so that everybody can identify these certain elements as part of your brand, and by extension, you:
- Quality of paper
- Template for all your marketing pieces
- Font and style
Consistency strengthens your brand. You have to look at this from your potential clients’ point-of-view.
Is it consistent? Where do you fit in? How do they know it is you?
Your brand is not what you want it to be. Let me repeat. Your brand is not what you want it to be — that’s the biggest mistake in branding.
Your brand is what your clients want it to be.
You have to figure out who your ideal client is and what they want. You need to place your brand top-of-mind in their language, style and impression — not yours.
“It is not about customer service because without a customer we have no one to serve.” -Grant Cardone, motivational speaker
Here are some questions that you need to evaluate:
- What type of customer am I targeting?
- What attribute does my customer value the most?
- What do I do to fulfill my customers’ wants and needs? These are not three-bed, two-bath kind of needs.
- Why am I better than my competition? And is that a value my customers are looking for? (Hint: Testimonials)
Go forth and think hard about your place in real estate, what you can offer your clients and your branding. Consistency is paramount.
Melinda Goodwin is Luxury Home Division Director with Engel & Volkers St. George, Utah. Follow her on Twitter or Facebook.