- Take charge of your day, and you’ll take charge of your business.
- If you want to build trust with your clients, consistency is key.
- Successful agents make personal and professional development a priority.
It’s clear that the most successful real estate agents have adopted habits that boost their productivity and nurture their continued success. You are what you do every day.
If you spend your days running around trying to put out one fire after another and never getting around to doing the activities that drive your business, you might find success eluding you. Take charge of your day, and you’ll take charge of your business.
Successful agents do things differently. Here are three habits they have in common.
1. They run their businesses from their phone
Technology has not only made life easier, it’s also made it easier to run a business from beyond the confines of an office. Successful real estate pros know this, and they see their smartphones and tablets as powerful tools that will help them lead thriving businesses.
But, having the technology isn’t enough; you have to know how to use it to make your life more efficient.
- Schedule the day: If you want to get more done each day, time block and schedule your day. Blocking the day into 90-minute chunks ensures that that the most important tasks for the day will get done before anything else. Instead of being swept away by the fires that pop up, time blocking allows you to focus on the tasks that lead to success.
- Set and review goals: Goals are targets that you need to reach to achieve success. Can you succeed without them? Maybe, but how will you know you’ve achieved it unless you have a quantitative number to shoot for? However, it’s not enough to set the goal; you have to review your goals as well, so you stay on track to achieve them. Use your smartphone or tablet to review your goals in an instant.
- Cultivate consistency: If you want to build trust with your clients, consistency is key. That means sending your marketing materials each month, calling to touch base with your best clients and writing personal notes. Your phone and tablet can help you stay on track with helpful reminders and alarms.
2. They make time to recharge and get motivated
There’s a difference between “taking the time” and “making the time.” When you “make time” for something, you’re purposefully setting aside time to do something because it’s important.
Successful real estate professionals make personal and professional development a priority. They also make time to recharge their energy so that they’re more effective to their clients.
- Start the day right: Instead of sleeping in, get up earlier and spend the time reflecting on the day ahead, writing in your gratitude journal or filling your head with positive affirmations, books, music or podcasts.
- Stay motivated: When you’re motivated to succeed, you will. Books and podcasts offer inspiration whenever you need it. For more intensive motivation, attend an event or workshop — you’ll boost your knowledge, network with other pros and get inspired to succeed.
3. They network with other high-performing professionals
You are who you associate with, so make sure you surround yourself with other high-achieving professionals. Networking with other successful real estate professionals provides an opportunity to share ideas, provide support and build a community of pros who work like you do — by referral.
However, don’t stop at real estate pros; network with other business owners in your community. The more you get to know businesses owners in your community, the more likely you’ll be to recommend their businesses and services to your clients, and vice versa.