- Be sure to eliminate any clutter around the house -- even if you have to hide it like a little kid.
- Take out the trash, and stash the laundry.
- When you're selling your house, it's crucial to leave during a showing to let the buyer's agent work.
Inevitably, showings will pop up at the worst times when you’re selling your house. So here are some simple tips to help you ready for a showing in 10 minutes or less.
- Turn on all the lights
- Take out the trash
- Shove the dishes in the dishwasher
- Shove the laundry in the washer
- Make the bed
- Take all your countertop piles and hide them
And the final tip is to leave. Please leave! If you are there, the homebuyers will feel like it’s your house rather than envisioning themselves in that house, which is key to selling it.
Leigh Brown is a full-time residential Realtor, speaker, coach and smartass. She works in the Charlotte, North Carolina, market with Re/Max Executive Realty and can be reached @leighbrown on all networks.