We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications increased 9.3 percent week-over-week.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 53.8 percent of total applications from 54.3 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances decreased to 3.83 percent from 3.85 percent, with points decreasing to 0.33 from 0.36 (including the origination fee).
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Home prices nationwide increased 6.2 percent year-over-year in April 2016.
- Prices increased 1.8 percent month-over-month.
- The CoreLogic HPI Forecast indicates that home prices will increase by 5.3 percent on a year-over-year basis from April 2016 to April 2017, and 0.9 percent month-over-month.
What’s your 2019 digital business plan?
It’s the year of YOU: Take control of your brand READ MORE
- The HPSI increased 1.6 points to 85.3 in May.
- This is a new all-time survey high.
- The net share of consumers who expect that home prices will go up over the next 12 months rose 5 percentage points, followed by a 3 percentage point increase in the net share of consumers who expect mortgage interest rates to go down over the next 12 months.
Email market reports to email@example.com.