We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- House prices rose 1.2 percent quarter-over-quarter in the second quarter of 2016.
- Year-over-year, prices rose 5.6 percent.
- FHFA’s seasonally adjusted monthly index for June was up 0.2 percent from May.
- Mortgage applications decreased 2.1 percent week-over-week for the week ending August 19, 2016.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages increased to 3.67 percent from 3.64 percent.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 62.4 percent of total applications from 62.6 percent the previous week.
- Total existing-home sales fell 3.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.39 million in July from 5.57 million in June.
- The median existing-home price for all housing types was $244,100. This is up 5.3 percent from July 2015.
- Total housing inventory at the end of July was 2.13 million existing available homes for sale, 5.8 percent lower than last year.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
Future-proof your business using lead management strategies
Handle your growing lead database more effectively as homebuyers take more time to shop for real estate during this market shift READ MORE
- Sales of new single-family houses in July 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 654,000.
- This is 12.4 percent above the revised June rate (582,000).
- It’s also 31.3 percent above the July 2016 estimate (498,000).
- The percentage of existing homeowners who view the U.S. real estate market favorably jumped to 66 percent.
- Millennials are the most optimistic, with 76 percent of millennial respondents viewing housing favorably.
- The biggest challenge for Gen-Xers who are searching for a home is saving money for the purchase, according to the survey.
- Completed foreclosures were down 4.9 percent year-over-year.
- Home prices were up 5.7 percent year-over-year.
- The company estimates that dollar volume for mortgage origination increased 30 percent from 2014 to 2015.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.