- Lots of leads psychologically lends to a false sense of security. This causes you not to do your job.
- Lead follow-up should be done by you, directly -- not by technology or through your team members. Even the mega top producers do their own lead follow-up.
- Go through all your leads today. Call them, and set an appointment. If they won't answer your pre-qualifying questions, toss them out!
rOur industry is guilty of overcomplicating the system of lead follow-up. With drip campaigns, technology, CRMs and social media — the ways to not do lead follow-up at the highest level are growing and costing you big bucks.
Lead follow-up is one of the most important tasks of a successful real estate agent. It’s part of the sales process, second only to generating the lead. If you’re not generating leads, you’re not going to have anything to follow-up on.
Today, we’ll cover five more points that focus on snapping you out of that wait-and-see mentality and get you into action.
8. Stop believing that they will call you when they’re ready
It’s your job to relentlessly, urgently and professionally follow up. Treat all leads equally. Don’t take them for granted just because you think you have a great relationship, and they will call you.
9. Stop relying on your ‘drip system‘ to make your money
Turn your drip system into a gushing fire hose of appointments through actual communication. Email doesn’t count.
10. Always call with the intention of setting an appointment
Stop leaving lightweight messages to “just check in on” your prospects. Every message should have something of value and a call to action.
11. Open house leads must be called the same day or evening of the open house
Don’t be like everyone else and wait until the following week. Set the appointment before someone else does.
12. Sign calls and interactive voice response (IVR or 800-number) calls are to be called immediately!
Call them in five minutes or less — no excuses!
When you combine thoughtful questions with furiously fast response time, your whole world of real estate will change. Resist the urge to allow psychological mind blocks, stories that you’ve made up about the prospect or your ego to complicate something so critical to your success.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes, or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.