- If you're scarcity-minded, your thoughts revolve around not having enough or being enough, and things are usually not your fault.
- People who live in abundance welcome accountability to drive them toward all the good things they know are ahead of them.
- When you see someone pass by that has a something more than you do, are you quick to question how they got it?
Being an “abundance thinker” is not the grandiose, ethereal, meditative stuff that books and gurus profess. Rather, it has to do with how you act and react — in business and in life — with a sense of giving.
Today, we talk about the top five signs that you live on scarcity street (at the opposite end of abundance thinking) and some of them might surprise you.
1. You have no savings
Ever. If you do, it’s maybe for a couple weeks and sometimes as scarce as a couple of hours.
2. You believe there’s only so much money to go around
You often get into conflict over commissions, both with clients and other agents. You’re a fan of the procuring cause argument. Conflict over commission is a sure sign of scarcity.
3. You don’t use buyer’s agency
You’re scared of losing the commission to an agent who doesn’t use agency agreements.
4. You lose listings over sticking to your guns on commission
You’d rather be right or righteous than give a little to make a deal happen. In a changing market, don’t fall on the sword of your price — take the listing!
5. You are immune to goal setting and feel you’re above it
So be honest with yourself. If you’re not into goal setting, it’s typically because you don’t plan on taking any action on them either.
Are you exhausted yet by all this scarcity? Did you see yourself in any of these examples?
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com. Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.