We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Privately-owned housing units authorized by building permits in October were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,229,000, 0.3 percent above September 2016 and 4.6 percent above October 2015.
- Privately-owned housing starts in October were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,323,000, 25.5 percent above September 2016 and 23.3 percent above the October 2015 rate.
- Privately-owned housing completions in October were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,055,000, 5.5 percent above September 2016 and is 7.2 percent above October 2015.
- The 30-year mortgage rate jumped to 3.94 percent.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 3.57 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.97 percent.
Where to find your next luxury customer
Three real estate professionals share their secrets for meeting ideal buyers READ MORE
- October saw near-record sales, but was still 1 percent below October 2015 sales.
- The number of homes for sale was the lowest of any month since May and of any October since 2008. The months’ supply of inventory was 3.9.
- Last month’s median sales price increased by 8.3 percentage points to $216,500.
- Equity-rich (loan-to-value ration of 50 percent or lower) homeowners represented 23.4 percent of all U.S. homeowners with a mortgage.
- This is an increase of 2.6 million homeowners from one year ago.
- Seriously underwater homeowners (loan-to-value ratio of 125 percent or higher) represented 10.8 percent of all U.S. homeowners with a mortgage.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Mortgage applications decreased 9.2 percent from one week earlier for the week ending November 11, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 61.9 percent of total applications from 62.3 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances increased to its highest level since January 2016, 3.95 percent, from 3.77 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.