In the ever-evolving world of real estate tech, LionDesk is choosing integrations and leveraging partnerships with top third-party applications to create a CRM that plays well with others — and allows agents to maintain their independence. Learn more about the building process from the company’s founder and president David Anderson in this podcast.
Is it better to develop an all-in-one CRM (customer relationship management)? Or focus on relationship-management and work with other vendors to create a flexible package of best-in-class offerings?
In the ever-evolving world of real estate tech, LionDesk is choosing integrations and leveraging partnerships with top third-party applications to create a CRM that plays well with others — and allows agents to maintain their independence.
David Anderson is the founder and president of LionDesk, a sales and marketing solution for real estate agents, brokers and lenders. LionDesk allows sales professionals to connect, communicate and close more leads, and its open API platform integrates with hundreds of management tools, which lets professionals to run their entire business from a single system.
Today, Anderson shares the challenge LionDesk faced in designing a CRM flexible enough to accommodate any workflow. He discusses the early days of the startup when he was “giving it away for free,” focusing on individual agents and referral business and developing the subscription business model.
Anderson also speaks to Compass’ acquisition of Contactually and how it is impacting his business. Listen in for insight around how LionDesk integrates with other best-in-class real estate systems like Cloud CMA and ShowingTime, and learn why agents prefer an independent, third-party system to an all-in-one, broker-led platform.
- How Anderson’s experience building tools for travel translated to real estate
- The challenge LionDesk faced in designing a flexible CRM for any workflow
- Anderson’s focus on individual agents and referral business in the early days
- LionDesk’s recent deal to provide CRMLS members with a full account
- How LionDesk integrates with best-in-class apps like ShowingTime and Cloud CMA
- Why agents appreciate the freedom and independence of a third-party system
- How Compass’ acquisition of Contactually is affecting Anderson’s business
- Why Anderson believes an all-in-one brokerage CRM system is the wrong play
- The LionDesk SaaS month-to-month subscription business model
- Why Anderson discourages new vendors from pursuing the freemium model
- The challenge around determining a CRM’s number of active users