Jeff Bezos’s ex-wife, MacKenzie Scott, is taking her nack for philanthropy one step further by donating two of her own luxurious mansions, according to an announcement.

The California Community Foundation announced in August that Scott would be donating two of her Beverly Hills mansions worth $55 million in total to the foundation. Records show that she transferred the deeds of the homes to the foundation on July 29, according to the New York Post.

“We applaud and are grateful to MacKenzie Scott’s extraordinary philanthropic investment in Los Angeles,” California Community Foundation’s CEO Antonia Hernández said in a statement. “With the California Community Foundation, her generosity will support organizations struggling to solve some of the most intractable issues facing our community. We are grateful for her partnership.”

Scott, a novelist, received sole ownership of the homes following her divorce from Bezos in 2019 after 25 years of marriage.

Bezos and Scott purchased the first mansion in 2007 for $24.5 million, according to the Post. The Spanish-style seven-bedroom seven-bathroom home spans 12,000 square feet and is situated on two acres.

The second home, located on the same street as the first, was purchased in an off-market deal for $12.9 million in 2017. The 1956-built home spans 4,500 square feet.

Both houses are situated on N. Alpine Drive in Beverly Hills. In total the two homes are valued at $55 million, according to the announcement from the California Community Foundation.

Scott, worth an estimated $37 billion thanks to her 4 percent ownership stake in Amazon, has donated more than $12 billion to various groups and charities over the years.

According to the foundation, 90 percent of the proceeds from the sale of the homes will go towards affordable housing grants for Angelenos, while the remaining 10 percent will be used to support its immigrant integration programs.

Scott’s gift to the CCF follows an earlier gift of $20 million she made to the foundation in 2021 to establish the LA Arts Endowment Fund.

Email Ben Verde

luxury
Show Comments Hide Comments

Comments

Sign up for Inman’s Morning Headlines
What you need to know to start your day with all the latest industry developments
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive marketing emails from Inman.
Success!
Thank you for subscribing to Morning Headlines.
Back to top
Only 3 days left to register for Inman Connect Las Vegas before prices go up! Don't miss the premier event for real estate pros.Register Now ×
Limited Time Offer: Get 1 year of Inman Select for $199SUBSCRIBE×
Log in
If you created your account with Google or Facebook
Don't have an account?
Forgot your password?
No Problem

Simply enter the email address you used to create your account and click "Reset Password". You will receive additional instructions via email.

Forgot your username? If so please contact customer support at (510) 658-9252

Password Reset Confirmation

Password Reset Instructions have been sent to

Subscribe to The Weekender
Get the week's leading headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Top headlines from around the real estate industry. Breaking news as it happens.
15 stories covering tech, special reports, video and opinion.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
It looks like you’re already a Select Member!
To subscribe to exclusive newsletters, visit your email preferences in the account settings.
Up-to-the-minute news and interviews in your inbox, ticket discounts for Inman events and more
1-Step CheckoutPay with a credit card
By continuing, you agree to Inman’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

You will be charged . Your subscription will automatically renew for on . For more details on our payment terms and how to cancel, click here.

Interested in a group subscription?
Finish setting up your subscription
×