- Don't hang on to unmotivated listings.
- Be fully accountable, even if that means getting an accountability partner.
- Strengthen your mindset every day.
We are now past the first quarter of 2016. Remember that excitement and enthusiasm you started off with the first week of January?
It’s natural that some of that energy might have faded a bit. No matter the state of your business right now, sometimes it’s a good idea to give it a shot in the arm with a plan for lead generation that’s simple and easy to accomplish — if you stick to it.
A 13-step, 30-day plan to boost your business
1. Have a mini business plan for the next 30 days
Set targets for the following: listing appointments, listings taken, listings sold, buyer sales and closings. Post the targets on a whiteboard; track the results daily.
2. Identify your 30-day hot leads on the same whiteboard
There should be three categories: listings to be taken, listings to be sold and buyers to be sold. Put the exact follow-up date beside each name. Call each lead on time.
3. Figure out your price reductions
Identify every listing that is overpriced. Have a “pricing review strategy” session with your sellers. Help them understand the message the buyers are sending. Don’t hang on to any listings that are not motivated.
4. Generate leads
Reach out to 25 contacts per day — five days per week starting at 9 a.m. every day. Remember, 25 contacts is not a target — it’s your minimum. This will take two and a half to three hours. Be sure it’s on your schedule every morning. No excuses!
5. Prepare your prospecting the night before
Don’t waste primetime getting ready in the morning.
6. Visit five FSBOs or expireds every day in the afternoon — five days a week
If they are not home, leave your business card and attach a sticky that says: “Please call me right away.”
7. Contact five past clients or centers of influence daily, five days a week
(This can be part of your 25 contacts.) Always ask for referrals — if you do not, the contact does not count.
8. Eliminate buyers who require an inordinate amount of your time
Protect your schedule — avoid working with buyers who are either unrealistic or hoping for inventory that doesn’t exist. Keep reminding yourself to prospect for listings first, especially in a hot market where the inventory is low.
9. Be fully accountable
Have someone hold you accountable every single day. You must report your prospecting numbers and your sales results five days a week to an accountability partner or coach. Regardless, don’t try and do this plan on your own!
10. Role play and practice a minimum of three days a week, 30 minutes each
If you are not practicing regularly then you are not growing. Work on the specific customer situations you are facing that particular week.
11. Review your personal goals and affirmations every morning before you start
Preferably, write these out each day.
12. Maintain high energy
Eat healthy, get lots of sleep, and exercise five days a week. Also, be sure to get up at the same time every day.
13. Strengthen your mindset daily
Work on your mental toughness. Use CDs, books, journaling, podcasts, etc. Listen to motivational material in your car — no radio during the day.
It’s simple, not easy. Just to be clear, this is not a buffet. Don’t be guilty of just picking your favorites. Take on every one of these steps, and you will accelerate your business dramatically. Do not settle for anything less.
Bruce Keith is a speaker, sales coach and author at Bruce Keith Results. You can follow him on Twitter or Facebook.