In the latest episode of SamSpeaks!, top Miami agent Samantha DeBianchi sits down with Katie Maxwell to discuss agent training and how brokers can help their agents learn to be the best in the business.
- “I don’t like ‘boxed’ training. A lot of these big brokerages expect Person A and Person B to be able to learn the same exact way.”
- “I try to recruit only agents who I know can jump off that board without actually knowing how to swim and know that we are the backbone of the company. From a broker standpoint, I think more brokers need to be more relevant in the life of their agent; because if we can show them that we are the backbone, they can get out there and start working without feeling like they need to know everything.”
- “I would never be the type to call an agent and try to recruit them over the phone, it’s just not my style. But I have these amazing brand advocates because they love where they work, and they bring people in for us.”
- “Out of the 120 agents I have, I have three who are paying for professional coaching … I think they get to a point where a broker cannot offer the type of accountability that I guess a coach can.”
- “Events has been 100 percent how we’ve recruited the people that we have.”
- “We need to bring the reputation back to what we do for a living.”