- Get ready for a housing slowdown, but know that you can still be successful when you take working your database seriously.
- Learn from veteran agents! What's the one thing they wished they could change about their early days in real estate? Doing more -- better and sooner -- with their past clients.
- The keys to expanding your database are first to view it as "acts of kindness" instead of looking at it as prospecting and then to avoid total dependence on electronic communication.
Many agents think they have a solid database only to wonder where all the repeat and referral business is. A database requires nurturing to avoid the black hole of incorrect and incomplete information.
So, how do you expand it and keep it working efficiently and effectively? Here are four steps to get you going:
This creates efficiency and organization. There’s a ton of CRMs out there, but which one is right? It’s the one you’ll use.
What are “adopted” clients? The ones from the other side of the transaction. Yes! Even your sellers, no matter where they moved.
3. Commit to adding at least 5 new people per week to this list from your closings, clubs, meetings and travels
Hint: If someone asks you about the real estate market, he or she should be in your database.
4. Update this list like it’s your job — it is!
Commit to never letting it get out of control or outdated ever again.
Are you willing to take action on this? Past clients and your center of influence are the cornerstone of every top agent’s business.
You have everything you need to be of service to others. Get started on these baby steps today, and stay committed to building your business.
When you take the time to nurture your database each day, the consistency will pay massive dividends.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.