- If you think the idea of consistent income in real estate is elusive, it's because of how you behave.
- The fourth quarter is the most important time of the year because it sets you up for the next year.
- Doubling down on basic knowledge of real estate and mortgage processes is not a waste of time; it's how you give professional service to your clients and win referrals.
If you’ve been sitting around drinking egg nog and wondering, “How can I make money when I don’t even know where to start?” then listen up. Here are the first seven points of our 16-point plan.
Though it appears basic, this list has the power to set you apart from the pack and put money in your pocket.
1. Complete your required, post-licensing continuing education (CE) credit before it’s too late. If you haven’t done it yet, schedule it so it’s one less thing to worry about.
2. Take an MLS class at your local board. MLS systems are more robust and have more functionality than you can learn from your broker or manager. This will help you with your Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) research as well as property searches.
4. Attend a buyer closing.
5. Attend a seller closing.
6. Attend a buyer’s loan application.
7. Tour 10 homes in each price segment of your market, from lowest to highest. Get familiar and then use this knowledge to expand your geographic market and begin to prospect “up market.”
We know what you’re thinking! “MLS classes? Going to closings? I’m way past this stuff!” Are you?
Listen to today’s podcast and learn what you’re missing out on that could be the key to making 2017 a banner year for you.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.