We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.21 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending March 9, 2017.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 4.10 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.68 percent.
- The MCAI increased 0.4 percent to 177.8 in February.
- Of the four component indices, the Government MCAI saw the greatest increase in availability over the month (up 2.3 percent), followed by the Conforming MCAI (up 0.1 percent).
- The Conventional MCAI decreased 2.2 percent while the Jumbo MCAI decreased 4.4 percent.
The biggest missed opportunity for growth
How your back office system can help your brokerage compete READ MORE
- 62,000 homes regained equity in Q4 2016.
- 15 percent of properties with a mortgage are considered “under-equitied” — with less than 20 percent equity.
- 6.2 percent of mortgaged homes have negative equity.
- 193,009 single family homes and condos were flipped in 2016, up 3.1 percent from 2015.
- This is the highest level since 2006, when 276,067 single family homes and condos were flipped.
- Home flips in 2016 accounted for 5.7 percent of all single family home and condos sales during the year, up from 5.5 percent in 2015.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.