- With Snapchat’s newest update, Snap Maps, real estate agents can showcase their whereabouts, expand their personal brand and have a little fun with events.
Snapchat’s latest update, Snap Maps, allows you to reveal your location to the world (if you don’t adjust settings) and creates a vivid stream of public snaps near you.
Every step you take, every move you make — Snapchat knows, and its users are going to love this new feature.
The update is even smart enough to show whether you are driving or on a plane. Your “Actionmoji” will live on the map and represent where you are and what fun events you are doing.
Not into disclosing where you’re at? Then make sure you are in ghost mode when you log in. You will know you are in ghost mode if the snap ghost is over your Bitmoji on the map.
As with any new social tool, progressive agents will jump on board and utilize the map to sell their personal brand. Agents will also notice on the live map, blue lights indicating snap action nearby. Major tourist areas are highlighted even further.
To get a good feel of the map and its capability, I recommend playing around and checking out what members are throwing out there. It’s unreal to see how much of other people’s lives you can watch.
In combination with the update, released on June 28, 2017, is the ability to create custom geofilters. Savvy agents can now create filters around their brokerage, brand, open houses and more.
“Starting today, we’re making it easier to design a custom Snapchat filter! Snapchatters can now create filters right in the Snapchat app, and customize them with many of the same Creative Tools available to decorate Snaps!” – Snapchat Media Center
The custom filters will have to be approved and start at a base price of $5.99. The filters’ pricing will be determined by the length of the event, and possibly location.
To get the low down on this event you will need to check out Snapchat’s support page, which offers insights and tutorials on getting started with the new update.
- In a time when safety is one of our largest concerns, Snapchat’s latest update can at knee-jerk reaction be quite alarming. If you are going to use this tool to promote your business, safety needs to be the No. 1 priority. Use other agent safety apps and tools in combination with your snaps to add an additional layer of safety to your new promotion plan.
- Review your plan of action with your broker, and make sure that your colors, sales pitch and verbiage are in compliance with brand guidelines and fair housing laws.
- Be professional but have fun — this is a laid-back marketing approach. Business casual and aesthetics will be key factors.
- Know your audience. Spending time on this platform will be for branding. If your niche of real estate sells to up-and-coming buyers, then this is a space where you might want to spend more time.
- Understand that this is a marathon and not a sprint. It will take months of consistent and captivating snaps to make this yield any kind of measurable results.
This platform is mainly used for fun and entertainment. Try not to be too sales aggressive in your pitches because people are here to enjoy themselves and not to be sold to.
Stay true to the audience, and let us know about your success. We would love to see some screenshots of any successful geofilters! Tag them in the comments below!
By day, Rachael Hite helps agents develop their business. By night, she’s tweeting and blogging for listingdepot.com.