What’s really behind the Opendoor?
Find out Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018, at 11:00 a.m. PT in an exclusive live interview with Opendoor CEO and co-founder Eric Wu, moderated by Andrew Flachner, co-founder and CEO of RealScout, and broadcast only on the Inman News Facebook page.
Wu’s company Opendoor, launched in Phoenix in December 2014, leads the pack of a new breed of real estate companies — high-tech investors dubbed “iBuyers” sparking the most revolutionary change in how homes are sold since the advent of the MLS.
Send us your questions! #AskOpendoor
Valued at more than $1 billion, well-funded Opendoor leverages technology to make quick offers on homes, close in days and then resell them, catering to homesellers who place a premium on convenience, certainty and speed. Wu’s business, which has now expanded to Dallas-Fort Worth; Las Vegas; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Atlanta, is making big and small changes to the home transaction process as much of the industry watches with interest.
On Wednesday Wu will answer the industry’s questions live from Opendoor’s headquarters in San Francisco. Submit your questions prior to the event on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with the hashtag #AskOpendoor. You can also send them to Inman’s editorial team via firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave your questions on this page in the comments.
A number of industry pros and execs have already submitted theirs:
- What plans does Opendoor have to partner with the industry and keep Realtors at the center of the real estate transaction? #AskOpendoor – Bob Goldberg, CEO at National Association of Realtors
- Learning from failures makes us all stronger. Can you share a “miss” or something you got wrong, and what you think the industry can learn from that situation? #AskOpendoor – Alyssa Hellman , founder at Compass South Consulting
- Why are your offerings better than OfferPad, Knock or Redfin Now? #AskOpendoor – Dan Forsman, president & CEO Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties
- Does Opendoor plan to expand internationally by 2020? #AskOpendoor – Kuba Jewgieniew, founder & CEO at Realty One Group
- Who is the consumer that Opendoor best serves? Income level, lifestyle, life stage, etc.? #AskOpendoor – Stefan Swanepoel, chairman and CEO at at T3 Sixty
- Is Opendoor aiming to change the industry from the inside out, maintaining close ties to legacy players? Or will the Opendoor experience require a more substantial reinvention of the transaction? #AskOpendoor – Mark Choey, co-founder & CTO at Climb Real Estate Group