Seattle-based real estate tech giant Zillow sent shockwaves throughout the industry last week by announcing it would be launching a major new business initiative: buying and re-selling homes directly from consumers, using real estate agents in its Premier Agent program to represent it in both types of transactions.
Read all of Inman’s ongoing coverage of the news, as well as industry reactions, and what this means for iBuyer competitors like Opendoor:
- Exclusive interview: Why Zillow is becoming an iBuyer
- Zillow will begin buying and selling homes using agents
- Real estate community reacts to Zillow’s entry as an iBuyer
- Opinion: Zillow changes the game again
- Zillow’s other big announcement: higher quality leads for Premier Agents
- Opendoor founders subtweet Zillow’s new home buying service