We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The Market Composite Index, a measure of mortgage loan application volume, decreased 4.1 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis from one week earlier.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 54.3 percent of total applications from 53.7 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) remained unchanged at 3.85 percent, with points decreasing to 0.36 from 0.37 (including the origination fee).
- Construction spending during April 2016 was at a seasonally adjusted rate of $1,133.9 billion.
- This is 1.8 percent below the revised March estimate of $1,155.1 billion.
- It’s 4.5 percent above the April 2015 estimate of $1,085.0 billion.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- May existing home sales will fall between seasonally adjusted annual rates of 5.47 and 5.83 million, with a targeted number of 5.65 million.
- This is a 3.7 percent increase from April 2016.
- It also represents a 6.2 percent year-over-year gain.
How to launch your career in high-end real estate
A leading agent shares you how can stand out from the crowd READ MORE
- The national index was at 176.91.
- This is up 0.72 percent month-over-month.
- In March 2015, the index was 168.24.
- The home price index in the United States was $257,000.
- This is up 1.2 percent from February 2016.
- It’s also up 5.3 percent from March 2015.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.