It’s that time of year again: Inman Connect New York, our parent company’s annual gathering of real estate professionals and tech experts, is underway this week at the Marriott Marquis hotel in Times Square, from Jan. 28-Feb. 1.
Inman Connect New York 2019 is the biggest and most ambitious iteration of our East Coast conferences yet, drawing more than 250 speakers to Manhattan to discuss the state of residential real estate and how to succeed in an increasingly technologically driven industry, including Realogy CEO and president Ryan Schneider, Nextdoor CEO Sarah Friar, Redfin’s chief economist Daryl Fairweather, Nest Seekers broker and Million Dollar Listing: New York star Ryan Serhant and many others. Find all the speakers here.
More than 4,000 attendees from around the world are joining us to learn about the significant trends impacting the business today and in the future, such as the rapidly shifting national housing market, artificial intelligence and machine learning, the rise of Amazon Alexa and other smart voice assistants, the growth of online cash homebuyers a.k.a. iBuyers and more.
The Inman editorial team will be covering all the proceedings live from New York right here on our website. Check Inman.com for the latest articles from the conference.
Thanks and happy connecting!
Check out our coverage so far:
Monday, Jan. 28
- AI will soon automatically enter listings for Realtors
- Indie brokerages see opportunity in era of disruption
- Keller Williams reveals how its ‘Siri for real estate’ was designed
- 9 tips from Google for protecting privacy
- Agents vs. consumers: why real estate apps need to pick an audience
- Building your own tech could help scale up and save money
- Why social gatherings are the new social media
- Don’t wait for real estate standards to innovate
- Why we need the ‘United Nations of real estate’
- How to launch a successful brokerage with a mere $1,000
- 2 ‘absolutely awful’ questions agents should hold off asking
- How to build a killer mobile app
- How to balance your real estate career and personal life
- Computer vision will find your dream home at a discount
Tuesday, Jan. 29
- The Agency CEO dismisses Purplebricks agents as ‘plumbers’
- Maybe 2019 will be a great year for home buying after all?
- 10 trends agents need to know in a shifting market
- This is why you need a cloud plan
- Compass pumps the brakes: No new markets in 2019
- In digital era, consumers want financing first
- Franchise vs. indie: What’s better?
- Agents, social media is not about you
- What’s the biggest mistake real estate teams make?
- Today’s disrupters aren’t all that disruptive: Howard Hanna
- Stretch your income with these 6 money-saving tricks
- Knock CEO: Half of all home sales will go to iBuyers in 10 years
- Be a samurai: 6 ways to defend your commission rate
- Where’s the line when it comes to editing listing photos?
- Agents and artificial intelligence are not enemies
- 4 big mistakes agents make when choosing a brokerage
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- Smart homes will soon be the norm, not the exception
- Here’s how Compass, Realogy and NextHome test new technology
- Heard at Connect: Compass, unicorns and ‘the next big thing’
- When it comes to marketing, don’t underestimate email
- New to a market? Here’s how to stand out
- ‘Real estate agents need to calm down’ and do job: Ryan Serhant
- 6 legal tips to help agents avoid prison
- How two brokers are thriving through a market shift
- 9 strategies for hunting, fishing and farming in a shifting market
- RE/MAX team leader: Big signing bonuses aren’t sustainable
- The market is turning. Here’s how hard times inspired Glenn Sanford
- Nextdoor CEO reveals how to use the platform for leads
- Building a real estate team? Avoid these super common pitfalls
- zipLogix and MoxiWorks partner on brokerage software
- ‘Most buyers see a recession coming’: Joyce Rey
- This is how you make a killer video for under $400
- RE/MAX CEO on what a gunshot taught him about real estate
- Just stop! 7 things agents need to change immediately
- How to get sellers to accept pricing in a turning market
- 8 tips for building high-performing teams
- Brokerage CEO takes a swing at tech disrupters
Thursday, Jan. 31
- 10 tips to help your biz in 2019
- How to generate leads like a pro
- Want to start buying investment properties? Then get creative
- Compass CEO calls for national multiple listing service
- Virtual brokerages ‘will pull us all down’
- For fresh marketing ideas, look beyond the real estate industry
- Generation Z trusts agents more than the internet for homebuying
- How to keep business humming — even during a market shift
- How to foster and benefit from diversity in real estate
Friday, Feb. 1
- Agents need to consider their vendors’ data protections
- What you need to know about platforms — and why they matter
- Bain Capital execs: iBuyers are foes of brokers and homebuyers