- Don't get hung up on the "team" concept. Too much team talk avoids personal accountability and responsibility of the individual agent's performance.
- Learn each of your agents' "financial personality style" without judgment of it, and then motivate them by catering to their style.
- Keep your agents (or yourself) challenged at all times, by whatever stretches you personally: fitness, travel or experiences!
We conclude our series on how to identify the most successful brokers, managers and team leaders and why these are the kinds of leaders you want to work for.
If you are the broker or manager in question, evaluate yourself against these traits to see how you stack up and what areas you can grow in to better help your team.
5. Great brokers, managers and team leaders know that teams are great, but true salespeople want to be held responsible individually
They know that weak sales people want to hide in a real estate team. They detect weakness and help that player overcome it to thrive or wean them off the team.
They don’t carry dead weight for long. Great brokers and team leaders know that the good ones won’t stick with you if they aren’t in an environment where they are challenged.
6. Great brokers, managers and team leaders work with salespeople to establish their own particular goals — to be achieved with or without the team
A great leader knows how to motivate both kinds of salespeople: the kind who can only work efficiently with a certain level of financial security and the kind who can’t work unless they are near broke or are threatened by losing what they have.
Don’t judge either position; just learn your agents’ financial personality style, and use it to help them be a superstar!
7. Great brokers, managers and team leaders exude confidence themselves; they lead calmly with control and low emotion
Leaders, is this you? Agents, is this your broker? Whether you are the boss or the one who answers to a boss, listen to today’s podcast.
Even a 10 percent improvement will catapult you and your team to a successful year!
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com. Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.