Whether you’re a rookie agent, a rising team leader or an established veteran broker, we can all benefit from sharpening our skills. Follow our “Back to Basics” series to learn fundamental strategies, tactics, philosophies and more from real estate pros across the industry.
“What kind of content should I post?”
Agents, it’s easy! Think about it from this perspective: What situations and challenges arise in your business? What kind of questions do your buyers ask?
Boom! There’s your answer.
We spend all day answering questions from clients. Turn those queries into your next blog post, YouTube video or Facebook Live segment. Here are more than 50 ideas for content related to buyers to help them get off the sidelines and become homeowners.
Things buyers need to do to prepare to buy a home
- Tips to find the perfect loan officer
- Tips to find your perfect real estate agent
- Should I go with my bank, a broker or a direct lender for my mortgage?
- Budgeting for your new mortgage: Knowing how much to spend on your new home
- Pre-qualification, pre-approval, fully underwritten pre-approval: What are the differences?
- How much house do I really need?
- If interest rates go up, how will that affect my buying power?
- How much of a down payment is needed?
- What types of loan programs are available to me?
- How can I take advantage of grant programs and down payment assistance?
- What is mortgage insurance?
- Lender paid mortgage insurance, borrower paid mortgage insurance, upfront mortgage insurance and mortgage insurance premiums: Navigating the confusion
- How much money should I expect to pay in closing costs?
- Do I pay the real estate agent’s commission?
- What’s the purpose of an impound/escrow account?
- How are property taxes calculated in my area?
Things to do while searching
- Preparing a list for the buyer’s tour
- Condo versus townhome versus single-family: Finding the perfect home
- Is this the perfect home? Pros and cons
- Are we in a buyer’s market or a seller’s market?
- Things to consider living downtown versus in the suburbs
- Will I find the “perfect” home? Getting all your “must-haves” and settling for most of your “I-want-to-haves”
Making offers on the home
- We love a home … Let’s make an offer! (How do we do that?)
- What is there to negotiate aside from purchase price?
- What are contingency periods?
- What happens if we cancel?
- Tight budget? How can we structure the offer so the seller pays closing costs?
The sellers accepted our offer, now what?
- Wow! What are all these disclosures?
- What to expect during my home inspection
- This stack of HOA docs is massive! What do I need to know?
- From pre-qualification to approved: Getting underwriting to sign off on my loan
- What to expect at the closing table
- Dangers of wire fraud: How to avoid being a victim
- Negotiating minor repairs: What to expect
- Oh no! The inspection found major defects. What do we do?
- Help! Our appraisal came in low. What now?
- What should you be looking for in the final walkthrough?
- What does the title insurance company really do?
- What does the escrow office/settlement agent/attorney really do?
It’s closing day!
- Closing day: What to expect from all parties
- Who are all these people at the title/attorney office at my closing?
Moving into your new home
- What to fix before you move in
- Settling into your home: The first 90 days
- What happens if interest rates go down after we closed on our home?
- How your loan can affect your cash flow and wealth creation
- Can buying a duplex be a path to wealth creation?
- How to buy your first investment property
- Buying an investment property on a 1031 exchange
- Is multiunit property right for me?
- Airbnb and VRBO: Short-term rentals risk versus reward
- Will an ARM or an interest-only option work for me?
- How can I flip my first property?
- Buying vacant land: How to make a profit on it
- What’s private financing, and how can I take advantage?
These ideas and categories for ideas will help you start creating content to attract your next buyer. The rest is up to you.
What other ideas do you have to attract more buyers via content marketing? Let the us know in the comments section below.
Matt Kaestner is a Realtor Zutila, Inc.