- Determine the main problem or challenge you want to address with a CRM.
- Leads, listings and leverage are the three most crucial CRM reports.
- Look to the future -- your business's future -- and how your CRM will grow with you.
Today’s real estate CRM software solutions are powerful tools for helping you grow your business. The right choice can skyrocket your success, and the wrong one can put you miles behind your competition.
CRM expert Christine Lee shared her strategy for choosing the best CRM for real estate agents and teams in her podcast interview with Pat Hiban. Below is a brief overview to help you make the right choice for your next real estate CRM.
10 questions every real estate agent should ask before choosing a real estate CRM
- What type of CRM solution am I truly looking for when it comes to my business or my real estate team? Start by sitting down and looking at the big picture (your needs now and in the future), and ask yourself that question.
- What is the main problem or challenge I want to address? Being clear on the answer to this question will help you take the first fork in the road on your path to a final solution.
- What is it that I want from CRM software? (To address a single problem or bring everything under one roof?) And then look at what is being provided by the CRM software you use now.
- What type of reporting do I want from my CRM software? Does it handle the three most crucial reports (leads, listings and leverage)?
- Does the customer relationship management software communicate with buyers and sellers without my direct involvement? And does it offer you granular control over this communication?
- Do I want my CRM for real estate to automatically incorporate my drip campaign? Will it grow with you as your real estate business grows?
- As a real estate agent or team, what is it that I want with tracking? How automated and detailed do you expect your tracking to be, and will you receive real-time results?
- Does it handle multiple websites, multiple markets and multiple landing pages while also separating my data with a single login?
- What type of third-party integrations does the real estate CRM software already have? Or does it have plans for incorporating in the future, and does the company have an open attitude for integration?
- When it comes to implementation of this new CRM, how much, and what type of information can I import? Will it allow you to import everything seamlessly, and will your data be retroactive?
Your real estate CRM is vital to your success as a real estate agent or your real estate team’s success. If you don’t spend time investigating your options and choosing the right CRM solution for you, then you could easily find yourself facing a painful decision later to switch to a new solution.
Listen to Pat Hiban’s real estate podcast with Christine Lee to hear a more-detailed version of how to choose the best real estate CRM for your business.
Pat Hiban is the author of NYT best selling book “6 steps to 7 figures – A Real Estate Professional’s Guide to Building Wealth and Creating Your Destiny”, the founder of Rebus University and the host of Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars an Agent to Agent Real Estate Radio Podcast with Hiban Digital in Baltimore, Maryland. Follow him on Instagram or Twitter.